Sunday, July 17, 2011

Pumpkin Tart


My mum bought a WHOLE pumpkin the other day, and we're still eating our way through the last pumpkin we bought. So i decided to bake a pumpkin tart. I wanted to test the recipe for the dough anyway, and to make more use of my tart pan which I have only used once so far. The pastry turned out really well. It was flaky and melt-in-the-mouth. I chilled it in the fridge before rolling it out to give the butter time to incorporate into the flour. That's how the flaky result was achieved.

The pumpkin filling was smooth and custard-y. I made the right decision of blending the pumpkin first, or else the mixture would not be as silky.

This tart was delicious, filled with the scent of nutmeg, cloves and cinnamon, each bite was a pleasure. Although the middle of the pastry was rather raw... I will blind bake it next time.

EDIT: Second attempt at pumpkin tart! I blind baked the pastry this time, for about 10 mins. Still golden and flaky, hahaha.

I also toned down on the spices this time, last time was kinda overwhelming with nutmeg, cinnamon, etc...

With the leftover custard, I just baked them in brulee cups, and they make a nice, creamy dessert on their own. =D




No comments:

Post a Comment