Saturday, August 13, 2011

Kumquat marmalade + pizza

It's citrus season now! When I walk through Queen Victoria Market there are stall holders yelling "Mandarins for $1 per kg!" And my uncle's kumquat tree is full of juicy kumquats. They gave us a bag of them, and so I decided to make kumquat marmalade. Kumquats are sour, but their peel is actually sweet, perfect for jams.

The hard work is mainly getting all the seeds out. After that I stew the fruit in sugar and its juices. Kumquats are really juicy, I reckon I've got half of the juices on me instead of in the pot.

I pour the jam into a glass jar...

And tried it out on a cupcake. It has a beautiful flavour from the kumquats.

Very shiny and glossy =DDDD

For lunch we made pizza! Prawn, capsicum, red onions and tomatoes, sprinkled with mozzarella cheese on top of a pizza base. It can't get more simpler than that!

Smells heavenly when it came out of the oven. Look at the golden melted cheese on top. *drool*




No comments:

Post a Comment