Saturday, August 28, 2010

Pandan Cheesecake & more Snowskins

Pandan frenzy! Seems like I am baking every weekend now, with the theme of pandan! Here is the Pandan cheesecake I baked last week:

See the green tinge? I have never heard of pandan flavoured cheesecake, but somehow my mum managed to persuade me to add it in anyway. The plate was emptied, so I guess pandan and cream cheese does go together? ^^;;

Will post the Pandan Chiffon cakes i baked tomorrow...

And I made more snowskin mooncakes today! I also made some with lotus paste, but didn't take any pictures of it. The lotus paste was what made me make more mooncakes! It caught my eye in one of the Asian grocery stores. It was $4.30 for a packet, and I managed to get 5 decent size balls.

Don't they look better than last time? Practice does make perfect!

This is the taro filling, it was so much easier to make than red bean! And tastier too. Just steam, add brown sugar and roll into balls. I also added some almond flakes. But wow, the taro was so expensive, $7.59 per kg!


But all in all it's so much cheaper to make it on our own, even though the fillings are a bit pricey. I bet they upped the prices because of mooncake season... A box of four mooncakes cost $10, and I made 16 mooncakes for less than $13. Yay~ Money saved. =DDDD Plus I really love the taro filling! I could eat it all day. And at least I know what goes into my mooncake, so I won't feel too guilty indulging myself.... hehehe.

No comments:

Post a Comment