Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Christmas Desserts

This year, Christmas dinner was spent at our house. So all our relatives gathered there for a festive feast. My mum trusted me with desserts (as she always does), so I made a tropical trifle and christmas pudding.

The trifle was made by layering sponge rolls, passionfruit jelly, custard, mangoes, peaches, then cream and chocolate shavings on top.

It was really delicious, I especially liked the creamy custard with sponge rolls and fruit.

The christmas pudding was made quite similar to the christmas cake I made previously last year. Only thing different was that it had to be steamed in a pudding basin, for five hours!

We also lit it up while pouring brandy over it, and it looked spectacular! The blue flames licking and engulfing the pudding was a sight to see. I took a video of it, but not a picture. =(

Pour some custard over it and slice it to serve. Compared to Christmas cake, the pudding is much denser, richer and chock full of fruit. I would prefer pudding to cake any day.




No comments:

Post a Comment