Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Eat Out: Lux Bite + Story in a Cup

I went to Lux Bite yesterday, to properly try out their desserts this time, and not just their macarons. And what they say below certainly was true, I couldn't stop ogling at their sweet displays, haha.
Here are some of their amazing macarons...

...as well as their plated desserts! My target for the day, hehehe.



The first order: Supersized love. It tastes exactly like a giant fererro roche. Smooth hazelnut and chocolate ganache encasing a hazelnut in the middle, sandwiched by two meringues. I love the hazelnuts on the outside, it adds a great textural component. Incredible.

After it has been attacked by me, it's not so pretty any more...

Second order: Meringue Monster. This was number 1 on my list of foods to try, because it was essentially a watermelon cake. That's right, who knew watermelon and cake could go so well together?

On the bottom is a white chocolate sponge, topped by a layer of strawberry and another layer of watermelon mousse. Then the whole thing is surrounded by light, fluffy meringue, sprinkled with freeze dried watermelon powder. It was such a refreshing and light dessert, everything melted in my mouth like a cloud.

Of course, I can't leave without buying home some macarons, can I? Kaya toast, passionfruit, and mandarin saffron.

I also brought home another dessert: Lemon Meringue. I know, I'm horrible, my stomach doesn't listen to my head. Or my wallet for that matter.

But it was so worth it! I love the marshmallowy topping, and the dark chocolate on the bottom of the tart. Lots of meringues for the day, haha.

I went for frozen yoghurt at Story in a Cup. It's a self-serve yoghurt bar, and reminded me of my childhood days where I would construct the biggest ice cream sundae, overflowing with toppings in buffets. But they charge by weight, so I had to enforce some self-control. T^T

First you fill your cup with any flavours of frozen yoghurt, then top it with any topping you like. I went for all the flavours, haha. The cookies and cream tasted like Yakult. I'm not even kidding. It's even a yellow Yakult colour. I love Yakult, but I put it in my mouth expecting cookies and cream, so it was an unexpected surprise. My favourite would be the belgian chocolate. Sweet, and slightly bitter, just like dark chocolate, yummmmm.


No comments:

Post a Comment