Saturday, September 17, 2011

Eat Out: Epic Food Post

Just thought I should share some of the notable things I've been eating so far this year! I love looking back at the food I've eaten, 'coz it brings back memories....

This was at Tomodachi, a sushi train restaurant on the top level of Melbourne Central. We were celebrating one of my friend's birthday. Just as well there was a special promotion going on, so all plates are $2.80. Singapore is still wayyyyy cheaper though! TT^TT

The sushi are nice and fresh, we could see the chefs making the sushi and placing them on the belt.

The plates stacked up as my friend's bottomless stomach seem to never be filled... Never bringing her for sushi train again. Maybe for buffet instead.

This was at one of the many many many Vietnamese restaurants along Victoria road, Richmond. It's like a mini Vietnam, where you can find lots of shops selling fresh Viet bread rolls, three colour desserts, Asian groceries, random nick nacks, etc. So at Thanh Ha 2 I ordered Bun Tom Xao, which are grilled prawns on top of vermicelli noodles, Viet herbs and shredded vegetables. It is a very light and refreshing dish, i love how healthy it is too. It's my favourite type of Vietnamese food.

In the last day of uni right before mid-semester break, I went out to have a celebratory lunch at Oriental Spoon. I've been eyeing the fish roe bibimbap ever since I saw their menu. I have to say, it's the best bibimbap I've ever tasted.

After the bibimbap has been mixed well, you can see all the fish roe has been cooked on the sides of the piping hot stone bowl. The first mouthful was full of textural goodness because of the crunchy fish roe. Can I just say their unlimited kimchi is to die for as well.

After 3 bowls of kimchi that's been refilled, my mouth was burning. I NEEDED ICE CREAM. But I went for the healthier choice at Cacao Green. The matcha frozen yoghurt is creamy, not too sweet, and right a hint of bitterness from the matcha. Delicious ^^

Blueberry waffles at Geláre cafe. Crispy outside and warm fluffy inside, heaven.

I visited this amazing cake studio, Burch and Purchese. They had mouth-watering, jaw-dropping works of art. I won't even call them cakes because they are all too pretty to be eaten! I felt like a 5 year old kid in a candy store.

A beautiful display of cloud meringues with freeze dried strawberry, raspberry, blueberry powder. Really light, airy and delicious.

And their incredible array of cakes....

...truly made me want to buy them all.

That is their wall of ingredients, and you could specifically choose your ingredients for a cake you want to commission them to make. Some magnificent examples there.

And these are the cakes I bought. Raspberry, champagne, lychee, white chocolate. I like how they provide a card that explains all the components of the cake.

Vanilla, pistachio, lemon and green tea on the left, and banana, caramel and rum on the right. The green tea is my absolute favourite, and they all taste as good as they look. Maybe even better.

Chilli risotto at Giraffe Cafe. It is run by Koreans, so they've added korean flavours like gochujang. It's a really yummy flavour combination.

Celebrating Father's day at Carlucci's. My fettuccine with seasonal vegetables. First time I had bok choy in pasta, haha!

After our mains we also had orange blossom crème brûlée. I love love love the rich dark chocolate layer at the bottom.

Raspberry and chocolate crepes at Creperie La Triskel. Paper thin crepes with the tart raspberries and sweet vanilla ice cream, mmmm.....

Octopus bulgogi at Omogari. The pump juicy octopus are a real winner in this dish.


No comments:

Post a Comment