Thursday, November 17, 2011

(Almost all) EXAMS OVER!

Oh my blog, my sweet sweet blog, how I miss you. Haven't posted anything is light-years due to studying for exams. Gosh, am SO glad all the hard ones are over~

So over the study 'hibernation' period, it seemed like my brain was just craving for sugar, making me unable to study until I get up and make something to relieve that craving. You would think I was pregnant or something, with the amount of sugar I went though. Here are some of the stuff I've made:

Sticky rice with mangoes. Oh, I love mango season. Plus, the mangoes here are so fat, sweet and juicy, nothing like I've tasted before. Even though the recipe said to steam the rice which is kinda troublesome, my Mum said to just cook it in the rice cooker. It works! Yay, Mum's word is the best. Normally I eat rice plain or with savoury food, but I can get use to eating it sweet if it's this delicious.


Next up is Rocky Road. Filled with marshmallows, pistachios, almonds, walnuts, dried cranberries, then coated in thick, dark luscious chocolate. So easy and quick to make, yet it tastes divine, that's why its so dangerous. I finished the whole tray in 2 days.

Here is a green mango salad. It's a new recipe I tried out, and it is DELICIOUS. Green mangoes are basically unripe mangoes. I shredded it and combined it with bean sprouts, red onions, dried shrimp, etc.

This was a failed attempt at kuih seri muka. It has a layer of glutinous rice at the bottom, and a pandan egg custard on top. Basically the kuih stuck to the pan, and it wasn't cooked through so the middle is still runny.... Tastes good though.

And lemon cheesecake! This was the first cheesecake that I didn't bake, and it was so so easy. The tangy, creamy filling paired with the crunchy biscuit base is like... *died and gone to heaven*.

No comments:

Post a Comment