Thursday, November 17, 2011

Birthday = CAKE!

One thing I don't like about my birthday is that it is always so close to exam time. Which means everyone is studying for exams (including me), so I can't celebrate it properly! But the best thing is that I get to eat lots of cake, hehe. This year I am so blessed to be able to celebrate it with people I love, not just once, but THREE times!

The first time was with family. My aunt's birthday is actually 2 days before mine, so we decided to celebrate together. And we baked each other's birthday cake, how cool is that? Of course, my aunt is a way better baker than me, just by looking at the cakes you know which one was made by whom.

Did you guess right? The beautifully decorated cake on the left was made by my aunt, and the clumsy jagged looking cake on the right was made by me. Still have a lot to improve on...

I made a strawberry mirror cake. It's a baked cheesecake, topped with strawberry jelly and fresh strawberries. Gosh, I was so scared that I didn't put enough gelatine, and that the jelly wouldn't set. Thank goodness it did.

My aunt baked a green tea and chocolate cake. This cake was YUM. I went back for seconds, which I am entitled to since it was my birthday =DDD

The second time I celebrated was with 2 of my best friends. We went for gelato at this famous gelato shop. There were people queuing for it all the way from the door! The selection to choose from was amazing. It was so hard to choose the flavours, I wanted to try everything!

They had a whole section dedicated to chocolate, lol. They even have asian flavours like green tea, black sesame, pandan and durian!

We all got different flavours so we could get a taste of everything. The durian was the best. The flavour really packed a punch. Second would be Ferrero Roche, I loved the bits of ferrero roche in the ice cream.


The third time was with another of my best friend. We went to a Korean restaurant, and she actually baked me a cake! We sang the birthday song and ate it in the restaurant. It was my first time celebrating it that way, haha.

We both love korean food. We ordered chilli chicken karaage, (which tasted like spicy popcorn chicken, only loads better) and soon dubu, tofu stew.

Here's the cake she made for me. It was a red velvet cake, and she even made the plague out of chocolate. By the way, she is studying to become a pastry chef, so you can be sure her cakes taste good.

And it did! It tasted out of this world. Moist with a hint of chocolate along with the cream cheese meringue icing.... *drool* I ate 3/4 of the cake. It was so good! I was really touched that she made me a birthday cake.

Best birthdays EVER! ^0^


No comments:

Post a Comment