Saturday, December 25, 2010

MERRY CHRISTMAS with... fruitcake!

What's Christmas without a fruit cake? My family had a Christmas party at our place. We invited 18 people over, what a crowd! I baked my first fruitcake...on the day. Christmas fruitcakes were initially supposed to be baked 6 months ago, so the brandy in it can mature, and all the flavours come together.

But it was a last minute thing because my Mum was suddenly worried about not having enough food. With this huge turkey, not enough food?? The bird took 3 hours to roast in the oven. Such a huge bird, thank goodness we have a big oven. =P

I also made mango pudding, because its mango season!


The cake tasted great! Moist, with caramelised fruit and just a hint of brandy. The smell of mixed spices made it taste even yummier.
Merry Christmas everybody!





No comments:

Post a Comment