Saturday, August 13, 2011

Healthy cakes

It's back to uni time! Which means full days with hardly any breaks in between. One thing I hate is having a grumbling stomach while trying to concentrate on the lecturer at the same time. I absolutely cannot function when I'm hungry. So I decided to bake some healthy bite-sized snacks that I can sneak into my mouth during lectures, hehe. First up is a Sweet Potato Apple cake. I grated a sweet potato, an apple and added it to batter, plus some chopped almonds for protein. I didn't even add any sugar, just 2 tbs of honey. And it's fat-free. It turned out to be a sweet, moist cake that I really enjoyed.
Before it goes into the oven.... here it looks like carrot cake batter, haha.

Fresh out of the oven~
Next I made my fat-free pumpkin cake again. But this time I added some chopped chestnuts.

Soft, moist and sweet... Plus it's good for you!

I feel healthy just looking at them, LOL.

No comments:

Post a Comment