Saturday, September 25, 2010

Banana Bread I

I am on the quest to find a good banana cake recipe that uses the minimum amount of oil or butter. I have a bunch of bananas ripening, a list of recipes to try and a determination to find the perfect healthy banana cake. This will probably take some time, as my family can only eat so many banana cakes a week, haha.

This first banana cake turned out more like banana bread. It really tasted like bread, with the taste of bananas. I think it would be good if I had baked it in a loaf tin, and cut it into slices.

Looks like banana buns! These are really nice with honey and jam though. I toasted it lightly and spread blueberry jam over it. So yummy!

There were bits of gooey banana dotted throughout, which was my favourite part.

Not as fluffy as I would have liked it, and it was sort of dense as well. But with no butter or oil, and using wholesome ingredients like whole wheat flour, it's really healthy. There is twice the amount of bananas in this recipe then other banana cake recipes, so it's still moist and soft. I ate three at a go, hehe.


No comments:

Post a Comment