Saturday, September 18, 2010

Checkerboard Cookies

Wow it's been ages since I last posted, only because of VCE!! Finally holidays are here, and I have time to breathe. Anyway, I actually baked these a few weeks ago for my friend's birthday, but never got the time to post it.

Baking in oven...

These cookies are shortbread cookies, and they take quite some time to assemble, but they look so cute once they are out of the oven! My friend was really happy, because she had been wanting to try them for ages, haha. The pastry needs to be cooled when kneading and arranging, so I had to put it in the fridge at intervals. But they were so fun to make, and great stress reliever (for me) too.


After they have set, I take them out of the fridge. These cookies are pretty convenient to store for months, so you can cut and bake whenever you feel like eating cookies. So bake in bulk next time. =D Totally worth it.


The cookies were soft and buttery, with taste of chocolate and vanilla on your tongue...perfect with milk tea!

No comments:

Post a Comment