Thursday, September 30, 2010

Egg Tarts + Apple Puff

Whew! Baked a lot today. I was using both of my ovens, so five tiers were being used all together. My brother wanted me to make egg tarts, so I did.

I was kind of lazy to make my own pastry for the tarts; I used puff pastry. It worked well too!

The custard was really yummy. I kept tasting it as it cooked, so I had to stop myself before there was too little left, hehe.


Warm, flaky crusts with smooth custard. Yum! Of course it can't compare to the professionals at Yum Cha, and it'll always be one of the things I regularly order, along with cha sui bao. *0*

Then my mum wanted to finish all the puff pastry, so we made apple puffs. =D

You can see the apples bursting out of the pastry. Oops, I didn't seal them up enough.

And lastly we had some left over egg whites from the custard. So I whisked it up, added some sugar and baked them, hoping it would come out as meringues.


It didn't. But what came out tasted like popcorn, and the texture is like cotton candy! It's amazing. I think I'll call it popcotton candy. LOL.

Today was so fun, even though I spend 4 hours baking...

No comments:

Post a Comment