Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Jam + Soft Chewy Muesli Bars

My brother complained of being hungry during lectures, so I decided to make some muesli bars for him to munch on. These are packed with heart-healthy oats, sunflower seeds and raisins, andthey don't break your teeth off like some brick hard muesli bars out there. Instead, they are soft and chewy, my favourite type. =)

They are really easy to make, just combine the wet to dry ingredients, bake them and let it cool. I've also deviated from the recipe a bit, so I eye-balled most of the ingredients, hehe...


Next is Quince jam. The first time I saw it, I had no idea how to eat it. It had a sort of furry covering on the skin, and was hard like rock.

So I googled it, and apparently it was good for jams and jellies. So why not? I like to try new things. To make the jam I grated this stone-like fruit, (and my arms were killing me afterwards) reduced down with sugar and popped it into a glass jar. It smells really fragrant, and tastes....not sure how to describe it. I guess between an apple and a pear. Really nice on hot toast, yum~



No comments:

Post a Comment