Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Pear Almond Cream Cheese Tart

Finally, I got a chance to use my tart pan! Instead of an apple tart however, I christened it with a pear tart. Only because we had a block of cream cheese in the fridge that just had to be used. But this pear tart was really nice =DDDD


The crust was not pastry, but a bit more like shortbread. There was a cream cheese layer, followed by pear slices and sliced almonds on top. Or supposedly sliced almonds. It looks like I've just hammered them to pieces, when I've actually painstakingly tried to slice them up! Maybe that's why sliced almonds cost more than whole ones...


It came out of the oven perfectly baked, and the taste was superb. My family liked it, and it goes great with vanilla ice cream. I'm happy I finally got to bake a tart, though for the next one I'd try to make a pastry one.



No comments:

Post a Comment