Saturday, March 26, 2011

Quince Jam Cream Cheese Cookies

Looks like I've been baking every week~! Yippee ^0^
Anyway, I made these cookies for my Mum's cell group.

I decided to use my freshly made jam (because we had one whole jar of it!), I'm curious to know what they think of it. And instead of normal shortbread, I incorporated cream cheese into the cookies.
And then I had a dilemma. Some recipes said to put the jam after the cookies baked, while some said to put it before. So I tried one tray before, and one tray after. The one with the jam before baking was so much better, as the jam had sort of dried up in the middle and held better. The ones after baking, the jam was too watery, so I placed it back in the oven for a little while more.


The verdict? Flaky, melt-in-the-mouth cookies with the tangy after taste of cheese, paired perfectly with the sweetness and fragrance of quince jam. Delicious~ (if I do say so myself, hehe)! Cookies taste amazing with cream cheese in them! I hope my Mum's cell group will like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment