Sunday, June 27, 2010

Chocolate Cake & Prawn noodles

A perfect way to use up leftover chocolate from fondue: bake a chocolate cake! I used wholemeal flour, brown sugar, yogurt, less sugar, trying in vain to make up for the very unhealthy amount of chocolate I was putting into this cake. I was attempting to balance out the unhealthy factor with healthier options, i guess. But this 'healthy' chocolate cake isn't as good as the rich, moist, full of butter chocolaty cake. Some unhealthy foods really do taste better...

The cake does taste good though. It's light, and you can taste the subtle dark chocolate, plus it's not that sweet. And i added in some frozen cherries which made it sweeter when you bit into the cherry bits. The top was hard, very tempted to cut it off and heap it with icing but than it is even more unhealthy... T^T

And dinner tonight was prawn noodles with snow peas. On Masterchef the contestants were battling each other, and one of the challenges were peeling prawns! They peeled it really fast too, working like machines. Whenever I peel a prawn, i'll eat it immediately. That's why my mum doesn't trust me with prawn peeling, haha.


No comments:

Post a Comment