Monday, June 28, 2010

Eating Out: Crepes & Macarons

Went to the CBD today. Haven't been there in months! I miss the array of awesome food you can get there, and I've been wanting to try this creperie for ages. It wasn't hard to find, even with my ability to somehow always wind up lost, I found it easily. And it is so so small.

The painting below is an accurate interpretation of the salon. It's so tiny, but cosy at the same time. But that's how alleyway eateries are. Homey. =DDD

I ordered a White chocolate crepe with raspberries and coconut. They had sweet and savoury crepes, but with my sweet tooth, i just had to venture for a sweet crepe, hands down. So what if it was lunch time and I should really eat something nutritious instead of dessert? I could eat these for all my meals, haha. The prices weren't bad either. The sweet crepes cost a maximum of $7.50. The savoury were a maximum of $9.

Amanda obviously had the same thinking as me, a kindred spirit who believed in flexible meals. She had a Double cream chocolate crepe with hazelnuts.

And what I really loved about the crepes that they just oozed out chocolate when you cut into them. It's practically sinful.

Eating these were like 10 minutes of complete bliss. I was sure the other patrons were looking at us weirdly as we sat there eating with pure pleasure on our faces.



Even after that cavity growing session with crepes, I still couldn't pass by the Cupcake Family without buying something. Have been wanting to try macarons, as I've never had them before. I picked a Green Tea Macaron. ($1.50)

Macarons are a French pastry. It's like a meringue, delicate and airy, but with a filling in the middle. Some flavours go well with these type of confectioneries, like strawberry. And some don't, like green tea.

I would pick another flavour next time. Green Tea was... interesting. I should have just stuck to green tea ice cream or bread. I ate the whole thing anyway because the texture was beautiful, soft and chewy.








No comments:

Post a Comment