Sunday, July 4, 2010

Apple Cinnamon Bundt & Vanilla Orange Cupcakes

Baking frenzy! I had just came home from watching Toy Story 3, (It was an intense movie. I totally blew my wallet as I paid $20.50 to watch it in VMAX and 3D. Ouch. Never again. But wow, it was good. I cried a bit, hehe.) and my mum told me to bake something to bring to my aunt's place for dinner. A Masterchef scenario immediately played out in my head:

"Bake a dessert suitable for winter. It should be sweet, warm and homey. You have an hour and 30 minutes. Time. Starts. Now!"

I am not obsessed with that show, I swear. Anyway, I decided to bake a bundt cake, trying out my new silicon cake mould.

Oh my gosh, this cake took forever to bake. It's because it was so dense, the middle took longer to cook then the outside. So when I pulled it out of the oven and flipped it over, the top was a bit charred. I had to cut the burnt part off.

In the last 30 minutes, my mum was worried it might not be enough to feed 15 people. So she told me to bake some cupcakes. I've been wanting to try out this cupcake recipe anyway.

Good thing too. My younger cousins weren't too keen on the apple cake, but they gobbled these cupcakes up. Guess they must be good then?

I really like the orange flavour of these cupcakes. It gives a citrus-y tang. Plus they were moist, soft and fluffy. Very happy with these.

Slicing up the bundt cake, I was worried the middle would still be raw. But it was perfectly cooked, thank goodness. The cinnamon smell was strong, stimulating taste buds before you sink your teeth into the cake. The adults liked this cake a lot. Cake was moist, apples were tart, and it had a crisp crust as all bundt cakes do.

I have never baked so much in such a short time, haha.





No comments:

Post a Comment