Saturday, July 17, 2010

Pork puffs and...cheesecake again!

My mum and I made meat puffs this morning. We cheated with frozen puff pastry, 'coz really, who can be bothered to go through all that rolling and folding and rolling and folding... only to roll and fold again. Thank goodness for the frozen aisle of the supermarket. =)

Easy to make: Place filling on a square of pastry, fold into triangle, press fork on sides, brush with egg, sprinkle on sesame seeds, and voila! Done.


This is the minced pork filling, with spring onions and carrots.

Yay! Golden meat puffs fresh out of the oven.

They look and taste yummy; crispy on the outside, delicious moist filling on the inside...

I baked Japanese cheesecake for my Mum's cell group again. They really liked it the last time I made it, hahaha...

I am a really slow baker, taking my time to weigh out everything and making sure I have my measurements correct. So just making the cake batter took me 50 minutes! I have to speed up next time.

I provided step-by-step photos this time so the processes can be followed. =DDD Here is the beating of egg whites and sugar to form soft peaks.

And mixing the egg yolks in...

...add the flour and mix! Look how airy the mixture is, I was careful not to over mix or the bubbles of air will escape.

Pour it into a cake pan, crank up the oven to 160 degrees and bake.

Ta-dah! Cottony-soft cheesecake ready to be eaten. Tastes moist, soft, melts-in-your-mouth kind of cake.

I wonder how the bakers in bakeries bake so fast? And to produce so many too! I would love to see a professional baker, marvel at their speed...







No comments:

Post a Comment