Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sushi

Made sushi for lunch today. It's my second time so far, still not perfect looking, haha.

Hosomaki (thin rolls):

It is, however, my first time making these:

What are they? It's my attempt to make Uramaki (Inside out rolls). Very, very bad. It stuck to the cling film and I ended up with sticky bits of rice all over my hands. As you can see, it's falling apart, probably because I didn't squeeze hard enough? A quote from a site, "This style is certainly more advanced and I suggest starting off with hosomaki and trying this only when you are more experienced." Ok, I'm not experienced enough, so I'll stick with hosomaki rolls for now... T^T

I used typical sushi fillings, like cucumber, egg and crab meat. Because I was lazy. I will try different fillings next time, like tuna, pickles, enoki mushrooms, and wakame seaweed. This seaweed is one of my favourite fillings, but so so expensive.

Oishi~





No comments:

Post a Comment