Saturday, July 10, 2010

Cream Puffs

Oh yes, Cream Puffs! I've been dying to make my own since trying out Cookie Puffs from Puffy. They have many flavours that I have yet to try, i.e. Mango, Taro, Durian, Green Tea... and they even have Ferrero Rocher which caught my eye and made me buy it in the first place, haha.

But this post is about making these yummy babies. My friend's Mum is the expert in making these, and they invited me over for baking lessons! I was super excited, I whooped with joy~^0^

First we lightly grease some cupcake moulds. We made 50+ puffs, so these were not all of them.

Here is the puff mix, careful not to overbeat!

We put a spoonful of mixture in, and swirl it around with a chopstick so it rises up in the middle. They look so cute. =)

The golden, soft, puffy puffs are out of the oven! These are just amazing to smell, and even more amazing to taste!

But before I can eat it, we have to make the chocolate custard. This custard has got to be the healthiest and easiest custard I've ever seen. Butter-free, oil-free, and cream-free. Needed lots of egg yolks for the amount of puffs we had to fill.

In the dark chocolate pieces go! My favourite kind.


Now I can eat it! Look how soft and fluffy it is. =DDDDD

I tear it open to put the custard in...

And it's ready for me to sink my teeth into, promising to sent me to puffy heaven, lol.

I actually stopped myself devouring it so I can take a picture.

And then it's gone! I will be making these in the future definitely. I have learnt from the Master of Cooking. (Seriously, my friend's Mum should be in Masterchef or something. She is that good.)












No comments:

Post a Comment