Saturday, June 11, 2011

Pie in the Sky

Today my family and I went to Pie in the Sky at Mt Dandenong for lunch. They are famous for their award winning pies, and I haven't been there in about...3 years? So I was really looking forward to going there again. =D

They have a total of 11 flavours, and surprisingly 4 of the flavours were Asian. It's funny though, that when Asians go there they choose the more "aussie" flavours like Beef & Guinness (my mum) or Beef Burgundy in red wine (my dad), while the locals go for the Asian flavours like Thai curry or Tandoori chicken.

And how good do their dessert pies/tarts look? All shiny and glossy looking... But each one is $9, so expensive!

The berry cheesecake looked especially tempting. Really wanted one, but my stomach said no because I was too full from my pie.

I ordered a Tandoori chicken pie with salad. The pastry is perfectly baked; flaky puff pastry on top and melt-in-the-mouth shortcrust on the bottom.

My brother's "Pie Floater", where they placed his Beef & Cheese pie on top of soup with a scoop of mash potato on top. The soup was delicious, and really good when eaten with the pastry of the pie.

A delicious outing with my family~ ^0^

No comments:

Post a Comment