Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Peking Duck

A while back I had my first experience with Peking Duck. When we stepped into the restaurant, the place was packed; and every table was having Peking duck. A sure sign that they serve really good duck. I was really excited to try it. The glistening roast duck sliced personally by the restaurant owner. Sorry for the blurred photo, I was drooling at the duck.

He came by and taught us how to wrap it: 3 o'clock, 9 o'clock, 6 o'clock then stuff it in your mouth.
The crispy duck skin is wrapped with a paper thin pancake, filled with spring onions, cumcumber and a streak of hosin sauce.

SO DELICIOUS! Thus I only took one picture of the duck pancake. Afterwards I was too busy savouring them.
It was served as a banquet, so after the pancakes came hand-made noodles with duck,

stir-fried bean sprouts with duck,

and lastly a clear duck broth.

So much duck right? I guess they had to make use of the whole duck. No wastage there. Man, after that dinner we all had full bellies and groaning that we'll not be going to eat duck again for a very long time. Too much duck for one night! The next day we went vegetarian for all our meals, haha.

No comments:

Post a Comment